FEELS LIKE TROUBLE
Brake problems have several symptoms. Schedule an inspection and repair if:
- The vehicle pulls to one side when the brakes are applied
- The brake pedal sinks to the floor when pressure is maintained.
- You hear or feel scraping or grinding during braking.
- The “Brake” light on the instrument panel is on.
At Long’s we off Free Brake Inspections. In fact every time you bring your vehicle to us for any service we inspect the wear on your brakes…we want to make sure everything is safe for you and your family.
The following symptoms indicate engine trouble. Bring your vehicle for diagnosis if:
- You have difficulty starting the engine.
- The “check engine” light is on.
- You experience rough idling or the engine starts stalling.
- Your vehicle has poor acceleration.
- Your vehicle starts having poor fuel economy.
- You start having excessive oil use (more than one quart between changes)
- The engine continues running after the key is removed.
Poor transmission performance may come from actual component failure or a simple disconnected hose or plugged filter. At Long’s we check the simple things first, transmission repairs normally are expensive and we want to make sure that we cover all of the bases. Some of the most common symptoms of transmission problems are:
- Abrupt or hard shifts between gears.
- Delayed or no response when shifting from neutral to drive or reverse.
- Failure to shift during normal acceleration.
- Slippage during acceleration. The engine speeds up, but the vehicle does no respond.
#checkenginelight #brake repair #engine noise