SOUNDS LIKE TROUBLE
Ping – a high pitched metallic tapping sound, related to engine speed:
- Usually caused by using gas with a lower octane rating than recommended. Check your owner’s manual for the proper octane rating. If the problem persists, engine ignition timing could be off and causing the issue.
Heavy Knock – A rhythmic pounding sound:
- Worn crankshaft or connecting rod bearings.
- Loose transmission torque converter.
Clunk – A random thumping sound:
- Al loose shock or other suspension component.
- Loose exhaust pipe muffler.